I live outside Dewey city limits. Can I get fire protection?

Yes! If you are a resident that lives outside the City limits, and within our fire district, you may purchase a yearly membership for $100. The year runs from October 1 to September 30. The $100 membership covers a one-time emergency fire response to the covered rural resident without charge. Any additional calls within the fiscal year will result in charges based on the approved fee schedule (Grass/Brush Fire: $300.00 for the first hour; Vehicle Fire: $400 for the first hour; Structure Fire: $1,000.00 for the first hour; All Fires: $100.00 per hour/per truck in addition to the base charge; Medical: No Charge - Note that Medical is first response only - transport will be provided by an ambulance service which may incur a charge.).